If I close my eye long enough I can see them.
If I go back to the times and places where we saw them.
If I go back in my thoughts and my memories I can see them perfectly.
Those stars above our heads.
The stars we declared our own.
In times of need and sorrow we could look at them and know,
The other was never too far to show.
If I close my eyes I can go back in time.
Back to the time of what seemed to be perfection.
Back to the time I was the happiest I have ever been.
When these tears fall down my face I close my eyes.
And go back.
Back to the days of joy.
Back to the cluster of stars.
Back to our cluster of stars.
Together or not, they will always be our cluster of stars.
Whether I look at them with my eyes close miles away or right beneath them,
I know you will be there with me.
Taking on each day and each adventure.
One at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment